Call Us: 909-353-4578
For interview or speaking contact email@example.com | (984) 999-1714
• Keynote Speeches, Breakout Sessions and Panels,
• Podcast, Print & TV Interviews,
• School & Workplace Trauma Training,
• Mental Health Legal Briefs,
• Crisis Response Planning & Consulting, and
• Individual, Group and Corporate Treatment Plans
The Heroine Amidst Our Nation by Anthony Ewart
The day after 9/11 Dr. Denyse Ray, a clinical first responder, took a train into New York City at ground zero. What she saw was an absolute horror. She realized her vision was not only blurred by her tears, but by the debris flying around. Rubble mixed with, as difficult it is to say, fragments of the souls we lost the day before.
Dr. Ray could not breathe and she knew she would have to keep her mask on for a prolonged period of time. She also knew the masks being handed out were not made of cotton so bacteria would buildup inside the mask and on her face. She decided to remove her jacket and rip out the inner lining to create a makeshift mask for herself as she helped any and all she could.
READ FULL ARTICLE HERE >> The Heroine Amidst Our Nation